From 7pm-9pm on Mondays Jan. 13th, 20th, 27th and Feb 3rd.
Agent Showcase on Monday February 10th at 7pm
An action-packed 4 session class with a 5th week audition for 2 top commercial agents. This class is taught by Angela Mickey, head casting Director at Liz Lewis Casting. This class is an On-Camera boot camp for the actor interested in working in commercials. Every aspect of the commercial business is discussed and every actor is working in front of a camera in a real casting studio to perfect their commercial audition technique!
Within the four classes you will cover:
- Introduction to Commercial Acting/Business.
- How the process works, the players involved in the decision making.
- Understanding your type and how to capitalize it.
- Bringing yourself to the character.
Lecture: Introduction to Commercial Acting/Business. How the process works, the players involved in the decision making. Understanding your type and how to capitalize it. Bringing yourself to the character.
– Interview type auditions
– Exploring the commercial “space”
Lecture: Breaking down a commercial. Script analysis for standard, to-camera copy. Knowing
who you are, who you are talking to, and where you are in the commercial. Working with Cue Cards. Networking…Agents, Managers, Casting Directors.
– Commercial copy
– Spokesperson vs. Testimonial copy
Lecture: The Audition Process to the Booking.
– Commercial copy
– One liners
Lecture: Continuing the Audition Process to the Booking. Wrap up.
– Scripted 2 person scenes
On the 5th Week students will audition for 2 commercial agents: TBD
243W 30th St., 3rd floor
Class Cost: $250
To Reserve your seat
Online through PayPal Click Here
or Call Program Director, Angelita Ali at: 646.371.9296
* The following disclaimer is provided specifically at the request of and in accordance with SAG/AFTRA: Seminars or classes are for educational purposes only and will not secure or provide opportunity for employment in the field or representation by an agent.